[Molvis-list] Running old Jmol tutorials (unsigned applets)

Campbell, Malcolm - Faculty macampbell at davidson.edu
Tue Jul 1 08:36:27 EDT 2014

Eric,
When I use FirstGlance, is there a way to click a button to get the biological unit to show up?

http://bioinformatics.org/firstglance/fgij//fg.htm?mol=3B8E&NOJAVA

This is the sodium pump which many students study, but the biological unit is not what shows up.

Thanks,
Malcolm

On Jun 22, 2014, at 1:57 PM, Eric Martz <emartz at microbio.umass.edu> wrote:

> At http://proteopedia.org/w/Installing_and_enabling_Java
>
> I have added instructions (at the end) for enabling Java to display unsigned Java applets. Its great that we can still do this for all those legacy Jmol tutorials that are still out there!
>
> You can find links to many of these tutorials at http://molviz.org
>
> If you find these instructions to be incomplete or confusing, please let me know!
>
> Eric

A. Malcolm Campbell, Ph.D.
Professor of Biology
Director, James G. Martin Genomics Program
Davidson College
Founding Director of GCAT (www.bio.davidson.edu/GCAT )

Box 7118 (US Mail)
209 Ridge Road (shipping)