[Pipet Users] Khoros and Cantata

Karl-Max Wagner karlmax at oberland.net
Sat Feb 10 16:52:55 EST 2001

> So, if Khoros is much older, I guess we can say that Piper is like an Open
> Source Khoros work-alike :-)  But I think we can continue to innovate, improve
> upon the concepts, and add features, like contemporary P2P capabilities.

In your place I'd not care much whether it is older or not or
whether it exists or suchlike. In real life the question is not
who was first but who was first to put a thing into common
practice. Linux is the rererere.....incarnation of Unix, but
nevertheless, being free it became everybody's friend and
devoured pretty much all of its older non free peers. Free
Software is also very much about putting technologies into
common practice and as such free stuff in the long run eats up
proprietary stuff. Thus work put into piper is work well spent
for sure.

Just my 2 cents....

        "It was hell. They knew it.          Karl-Max Wagner
          But they called it                 karlmax at oberland.net
            W-I-N-D-O-Z-E"                   ham radio: DB8CO
            *********Member of No Code International*********
            ***********Visit http://www.nocode.org***********
            ********Membership Number NCI-2563-DB8CO*********
    _
  / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  . . . t h e   c h o i c e   o f   a

"Et ceterum censeo ut Microsoftem delendum esse" (Cato, adapted)
"Quo usque tandem abutere nostra patientia ?" (Cicero, original)