[Pipet Users] Command Compilation in Piper: A Discourse

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Mon Feb 12 23:00:09 EST 2001

"J.W. Bizzaro" wrote:

> The nodes in your screenshot are "Add" nodes, and they have a certain
> function: To add strings.  It's pretty much what "flag" and "filename" do,
> except in my example the strings can be changed:
>
> For "flag", the user can change the string with a pull-down menu.
>
> For "filename", the name of the connected document is the string.
>
> Perhaps where you have set "constant", "INI", and even "POV", we would have a
> "variable" node, or something to hold these values.

And with the ability to create and save subnets (compiling), we can have a
node that is a subnet containing one "Add" node and one variable node, and we
can name it "flag" or whatever.

Jeff
J.W. Bizzaro                                           jeff at bioinformatics.org
Director, Bioinformatics.org: The Open Lab     http://bioinformatics.org/~jeff
"All those scientists--they're all alike!  They say they're working for us,
but what they really want is to rule the world!"
  -- Angry Villager, Young Frankenstein