[Pipet Users] Command Compilation in Piper: A Discourse

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Tue Feb 13 16:43:02 EST 2001

Jean-Marc Valin wrote:

> Well, it you combine several nodes in a subnet, you end up with a "new
> node" (it's in fact a subnet). You have created a new node type, but you
> haven't created a new data type. Right now, there's no way to create new
> data types without touching C++ code.

Okay, I'm not suggesting new data types anywhere (yet) ;-)  I like the way
that Overflow is used to construct a command, but as outlined in the
document I just posted, I would like to add some features, to make it easier
for the user.  Exaclty what I want to add has yet to be determined.

> C analogy: you have a couple functions (nodes) and you write a new on
> that calls many of the "old" functions. You end up with a new function
> (node) but you did not create a new type.

Got it.

> I think I'll write an analogy between Overflow "concepts" and their
> Matlab (or C) equivalent.

That would be nice.

Jeff