[Proteopedia] Proteopedia works in Apple OS 10.7 Lion

Eric Martz emartz at microbio.umass.edu
Mon Oct 3 15:34:47 EDT 2011

I have tested Proteopedia on a Mac with the latest Apple OS 10.7
Lion, with Apple Java 1.6.0_26 installed. (This is the first version
of Apple OS in which Java is not integrated into the OS. However,
Apple offers Java that can be installed manually by the user.)

I tested Proteopedia in both the current version of Safari "5.1
(7534.48.3)" and in Firefox 7.

Everything that I tried in Proteopedia worked in both browsers, including:

  - Popup
  - Spin toggle
  - Green links
  - Jmol Menu
  - Jmol Console
  - Commands/state scripts entered into the Jmol Console and run
  - Creating new molecular scenes in the Scene Authoring Tools (SAT),
saving them, and displaying them from green links.

(When I first clicked the Save Scene button (in the SAT), Jmol
crashed (beachball for awhile, then Jmol blanked and displayed
"plug-in failure"). This repeated. However, after a reboot, I was
unable to reproduce this problem in several tries in each browser, so
I suspect that nobody else will see this problem.)

-Eric