From Bioinformatics.Org Wiki
The Bioinformatics Organization provides associate (non-voting) membership to individuals. This type of membership is divided into two categories: Professional and Basic.
Professional (dues required)
- All of the benefits of the Basic Membership (see below) plus...
- 20% discount on educational services provided by the Bioinformatics Organization
- 10-20% discount on conferences and materials sponsored by the Bioinformatics Organization
- Printed issues of our monthly newsletter
- IMAP4 and POP3 email account using the bioinformatics.org domain name
- Linux shell account with some storage space and a Web directory
Dues: USD $65/year
For people residing in Low Income and Lower-Middle Income nations, according to the World Bank's List of Economies, the dues are reduced to USD $15/year. Note that the printed issues of the newsletter are not included (they are still available online).
- Create and join groups and projects
- Subscribe and post to forums
- Personal page for tracking your own activities
- Post your biographical statement and photograph
- Post your curriculum vitae, viewable by your colleagues and potential employers
- To find members, try our search feature.