BIRCH/Database Development/Schema design
From Bioinformatics.Org Wiki
First draft of a database schema
- Controlled vocabularies
Consultation with PIs and lab members on data descriptions
This will involve meetings with project workers, who will provide samples of data.
What needs to be done in order to create a good database
- Define what data will be contained in the database
- e.g. sub-sequences (introns and extrons), external files (e.g. images, etc), external webpages, etc.
- Define how the data will be related within the database
- e.g. exons will contain CDS data
- Define what constraints there will be on the data in the database
- e.g. each GI number for a sequence is unique