[BiO BB] perl script

Pooja pooja_jain25 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 10 02:02:22 EDT 2002

Hi,
Find perl script following the below link. you may need to make some changes
as per your requirement.
http://bioinformatics.weizmann.ac.il/courses/prog2/perlBioinfo/GenBank.html

Following links may be of some help to you :
http://bioperl.org/Core/POD/Bio/DB/WebDBSeqI.html
http://bioperl.org/Core/POD/Bio/DB/SwissProt.html

Batch retrieval is provided by SwissProt
http://www.expasy.org/sprot/sprot-retrieve-list.html

Although EMBL doesn't provides batch retrieval but one can write a smart
parser to retrieve the sequences. The accession numbers listed in a text
file could be entered in search field (comma separated) at page following
the below link:

http://www.ebi.ac.uk/cgi-bin/emblfetch

I may be missing something !!

Good luck