[Bioclusters] mrbayes + lam-mpi/mpich + grid engine integration

Nick Brockner bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 08:32:45 -0400

Hi Tony,

We are using the Bioteam iNquiry product for our web-based access.  So
far, so good.  What type of COTS cluster have you built (number of
nodes, OS, hardware)?  We are running an 8 node Apple Xserve G5 cluster
with Gig ethernet.

I am in the process of implementing mrbayes on our cluster.  I have not
gotten into the parallel implementation of mrbayes yet, but may do so
in the near future.  If you want to access my nexus files, let me know
and I will send you the access info directly.  You may have to tweak
the files a little bit for mrbayes, as I have seen some issues with
these particular nexus files (which were originally made to be used by
PAUP).  You may have to add some information about the dimensions
before mybayes will happily read them.

Nick Brockner
Systems Administrator, Biology Computing Facility
Hamilton College
http://www.bio.hamilton.edu/bioinformatics