[Bioclusters] LSF to SGE migration workshop at SC08 next week

Chris Dagdigian chris at bioteam.net
Wed Nov 12 16:58:52 EST 2008

For people who will be attending the SuperComputing 2008 conference
next week in Austin, TX there will be a workshop on Monday, November
17th entitled "How to migrate from LSF to Unicluster with SGE". This
workshop talks about a product named UniCluster but the foundation of
that Univa effort is Sun Grid Engine. Much of what will be discussed
there will be applicable to both Univa UD customers and the community
at large.

Some of the technical information including an LSF to SGE quick
reference guide is coming via the Open HPC Management Interoperability
(OHMI) project - I think those folks want to use DRMAA and other APIs
to make script migration between DRM software as painless as possible.

SGE guru Dan Templeton will be there as well.

A link to the PDF invite is here:
http://gridengine.info/files/LSF-SGE-Migration-Invite.pdf

I'm flying in at noon on the 17th so I'll only be able to catch the
final hours of the workshop.  Anyone else attending SC08?

-Chris