[Molvis-list] rasmol "Unable to find RasMol help file!"

Herbert J. Bernstein yaya at bernstein-plus-sons.com
Thu May 26 10:30:27 EDT 2005

Dear Dan,

I have just done a fresh download of the RasMol 2.7.2.1.1 binary
and help file under linux.  I have verified that the help file
is not seen if it is not in the local directory and not in
the default location, but when I do

setenv RASMOLPATH /usr/local/lib/rasmol/
or
setenv RASMOLPATH /usr/local/lib/rasmol

after placing the help file into the directory /usr/loocal/lib/rasmol,
the program finds it without a problem.  This should allow
all users to run.  There may be a problem with a mismatch
between the default path and the instructions.  I will
investigate that issue, but until then, please set
the environment variable RASMOLPATH.

Regards,
  Herbert
        Idle Hour Blvd, Oakdale, NY, 11769