[BiO BB] Re:Auto-Separation of FASTA from rest of text

M-----> naka at nethere.com
Fri Dec 7 23:31:49 EST 2001

Today in a Bioinformatics session we looked up a protein cross-species,
then we cut and pasted 12 inididual sequences into the
tree builder. Aren't there servers where one can go in one (or two)
steps from

1) Specifying protein

2) Viewing  tree of species with indicators as to age and degree
of relation (i.e. more or less related to initial sequence..?

Does FASTA have an indicator when the end of the sequence is reached,
so that a parser can ignore remaining non-amino-acid text ?

Mike Tenner
San Diego