[BiO BB] PDB sequence --> coding sequence

Iddo Friedberg idoerg at cc.huji.ac.il
Thu Feb 15 04:45:00 EST 2001

Hi all,

(Question originally posted to the "Ask the Open Lab" forum. I'm reposting
it here, hopefully something will arise).

Does anybody know of some way to get the coding sequence given a sequence
from PDB? As you may very well know, PDB sequences are usually partial,
fragmented versions of the actual protein sequence. Sometimes with
mutations inserts (OK, so I cannot get the coding sequence for mutation
inserts, for obvious reasons). Collating this data via automatic means
seems rather cumbersome.

Any help, including pointers to an appropriate database, scripts
repository, or any kind of forum with people who might be able to answer
this would be useful.

Thanks,

Iddo Friedberg

--

Iddo Friedberg                                  | Tel: +972-2-6758647
Dept. of Molecular Genetics and Biotechnology   | Fax: +972-2-6757308