[BiO BB] Bio Undergrad

Pierre Vanden Borre pbvanden at colby.edu
Sat Jun 2 14:03:32 EDT 2001

I am a recent graduate with a molecular bio/biochem major and mathematics
minor interested in the bioinformatics field.  Having searched the internet
for jobs, I have found that I would have been more employable if I had
majored in computer science.  My CS experience is limited to Java and HTML.
I would like to learn Perl and other relevant languages but I am not sure
how to do this.  I could take programming training classes, but I would
still lack experience with the application of what I have learned.

I was wondering if anyone might have been in the same situation (only BS bio
background) or if anyone has some advice that would help me plan my course
of action.

Thanks,
Pierre