[BiO BB] Engineering and bioinformatics

Paul Calverley dsp at xtra.co.nz
Fri Jun 22 07:35:09 EDT 2001

Hi,

I'm starting a PhD from a Computer Systems Engineering and Electronic
Engineering background.  I'm currently investigating topics for the PhD.

Does anyone know of any topics in bioinformatics that may be suitable to
be tackled
by an engineer ?
Alternatively if you're looking for a PhD student to do some research
for your company,
and don't mind me working from the University of Auckland here in
NewZealand, then
perhaps you should make contact.  I'm financially sponsored by my Dept.
so I'm not looking
for funding - just a great PhD topic/idea !

Thanks,
p.calverley at auckland.ac.nz