[BiO BB] Blast

Lance Davidow 617.726-5955 davidow at molbio.mgh.harvard.edu
Thu Nov 1 12:53:17 EST 2001

Sam,

The NCBI gives out the rules and some examples using lynx for how to automate
submissions to
QBlast. They recommend that your script wait for the answer to come back from the
previous query before firing off the next one. I have used PERL to automate large
numbers of blasts using their directions. Please see their

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/BLAST/Doc/urlapi.html

Cheers,
Lance