[BiO BB] Now Accepting Nominations for the 2003 Benjamin Franklin Award

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Mon Aug 12 13:30:16 EDT 2002

Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790) was one of the most remarkable men of his time.
Scientist, inventor, statesman, Franklin freely and openly shared his ideas and
refused to patent his inventions. It is the opinion of the founders of
Bioinformatics.Org that he embodied the best traits of a scientist, and we seek
to honor those who share these virtues.

The Benjamin Franklin Award is presented annually by Bioinformatics.Org to an
individual who has in his or her practice promoted freedom and openness in the
field of bioinformatics.

We are now accepting nominations for the 2003 Benjamin Franklin Award from the
members of Bioinformatics.Org.  They may be submitted using this form:

  https://bioinformatics.org/franklin/nominate/

NOTE: You must be a member and logged in to submit a nomination.

Please also note the following criteria for nominees:

1. There must ultimately be at least two (2) nominations submitted per nominee.
2. All nominations must be submitted by current members of Bioinformatics.Org.
3. The nominee must be living. There will be no posthumous awards.
4. There must be evidence that the nominee has done something to promote freedom
and openness in bioinformatics.

The list of nominees will then be presented to the individual members of
Bioinformatics.Org for a vote.

The ceremony for the presentation of the Award is held at the Annual Meeting of
Bioinformatics.Org. It involves a short introduction, the presentation of the
certificate, and the laureate seminar.

Award home page:
http://bioinformatics.org/franklin/

Thanks.
Jeff
J.W. Bizzaro                                jeff at bioinformatics.org
Director, Bioinformatics.Org        http://bioinformatics.org/~jeff
"As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we
should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention
of ours; and this we should do freely and generously."
                   -- Benjamin Franklin