[BiO BB] Now Accepting Nominations for the 2003 Benjamin Franklin Award

J.W. Bizzaro jeff at bioinformatics.org
Thu Aug 29 12:28:05 EDT 2002

Greetings.

These are the nominations we've received so far:

Name                                          No. Nominations
==========================================    ===============
James Kent, UC Santa Cruz                     1
Michael Ashburner, Cambridge University       1
Stuart Newman, New York Medical College       1
Don Gilbert, Indiana Univ.                    2
Eric Lander, MIT                              1
Francis Collins, NIH                          1

We do need to get **2** nominations per candidate, in order for them to appear
on the ballot.  You are welcome to second the nomination of any person listed
above or to nominate someone else.

    https://bioinformatics.org/franklin/nominate/
    (you must be a member and logged in)

We would like to begin voting in a couple weeks.  It will be the first
membership vote at Bioinformatics.Org, and we will be testing our new voting
system, being developed by Dmitry Mozzherin.

Cheers.
Jeff

J.W. Bizzaro                                jeff at bioinformatics.org
Director, Bioinformatics.Org        http://bioinformatics.org/~jeff
"As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we
should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention
of ours; and this we should do freely and generously."
                   -- Benjamin Franklin