[BiO BB] C# in Bioinformatics? [Powerful than Java]

Ravi Mayreddy RMayreddy at NBME.org
Wed Feb 6 14:31:24 EST 2002

Hi:

We would like to teach UNIX for a group of bioinformatics students. Any
pointers to what to teach and any bioinformatics examples/exercises
available?

Thanks in advance!

-Ravi

-----Original Message-----
From: Naitik Kothari [mailto:naitikkothari at india.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 3:49 AM
To: bio_bulletin_board at bioinformatics.org
Subject: [BiO BB] C# in Bioinformatics? [Powerful than Java]

Hi Ashwin,

C# is syntactically same as C++ (similar to Java).
It is backed by Microsoft's .NET technology and has many advantages over
Java. Graphics in C# is far better/faster than Java. It has the capability
and extension of COM also.

Currently none of the organization has announced usage of C# for its
commercial development/research. May be some of the Research Institutes have
started exploring that.

Regards,

Naitik N. Kothari
Analyst (C++/Unix)
Like exploring new technologies (C# is one of them)