[BiO BB] link Access database to GenBank

Guoqing lu_guoqing at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 14 21:15:18 EST 2002

Hi group,

We are constructing a Ms Access database. There are  tables which have a column named GenBank accession number. I want to know whether I can do the following steps to add columns with info from GenBank: 1) get GenBank accession number from the database 2) retrieve DNA sequences or amino acid sequences with the accession number; 3) add one column or more in the table and store retrieved sequences. Are there any tools which can be used for such a purpose? If i want to develop such a program is it difficult? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Best regards,

Guoqing