[BiO BB] Student Seeks Bioinformatics Dissertation Placement

stuart craigie stuartcraigie at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 18 13:53:02 EST 2002

I am currently studying for an Mres in Bioinformatics at the University of
Glasgow, Scotland. As part of our course requirement we are to organise a
15-week (summer) industrial placement with a company.

As an undergraduate, I attained a (2:1) in Pharmacology. As well as this, I
also carried out a funded summer research project with the Wellcome Trust,
which I applied for on a competitive basis. Both the above project and my
honours project were CNS related.

During my course in Bioinformatics I have had extensive programming
experience in Java, gained familiarity with various Unix based
Bioinformatics software (GCG). I will shortly be learning Oracle based
database management and also how to program simple scripts in Perl as well
as CGI programming. The course contains a biology strand, which covers
genomic analysis and functional genomics, molecular graphics, microarray
technology and protein structure, folding and prediction.

Please get in touch if you can help.
Thanks,

Stuart