[BiO BB] parallel BLAST

Philipp Pagel philipp.pagel at cmp.yale.edu
Fri Jan 11 15:57:22 EST 2002

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 01:13:47PM -0700, Joel Dudley wrote:
> Such an implementation exists indeed. check out
> http://www.turbogenomics.com/about/
> - Joel Dudley

>> I would like to know if there exists parallel implementation of BLAST
>> algorithms.

I'm not sure this is really a paralellized version of the algorithm. I just
heard a talk by the head of Turbo Genomics and he emphasized the advantage
of sticking to the original BLAST program and run multiple instances of it on
a bunch of machines instead of modifying the algorithm because that way
you don't have to keep up with improvements to the original algorithm yourself.

Dr. Philipp Pagel
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology         phone: (203) 785-6835
SHM, B117                                               fax:   (203) 785-4951
Yale University
333 Cedar ST
New Haven, CT 06520