[BiO BB] parallel BLAST

Philipp Pagel philipp.pagel at cmp.yale.edu
Fri Jan 11 15:57:22 EST 2002

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 01:13:47PM -0700, Joel Dudley wrote:
> Such an implementation exists indeed. check out
> http://www.turbogenomics.com/about/
>
> - Joel Dudley

>> I would like to know if there exists parallel implementation of BLAST
>> algorithms.

I'm not sure this is really a paralellized version of the algorithm. I just
heard a talk by the head of Turbo Genomics and he emphasized the advantage
of sticking to the original BLAST program and run multiple instances of it on
a bunch of machines instead of modifying the algorithm because that way
you don't have to keep up with improvements to the original algorithm yourself.

cu
	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology         phone: (203) 785-6835