[BiO BB] Re: How to configure proxy ebhind firewall

Joe Landman landman at scientificappliance.com
Fri Jul 5 09:31:39 EDT 2002

I believe that the Bioperl objects all rest on the LWP module, so you
should be able to use the proxy configs as indicated on the LWP
manpage.  That is, if you (under tcsh, others will need
transliteration):

    setenv http_proxy "http://poxy.machine.tld:port/"

you might have a working system.  It is generally recommended that you
read the LWP::UserAgent manpage.

Joe