[BiO BB] Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)

P L parl17 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 29 13:32:26 EST 2002

Hi,

It appears my last post did not work!

I am Par Larsson, working with bioinformatics at the Swedish Defence
Research Agency in Umea, Sweden.

I have looked for open source alternatives to the commercial LIMS available
on the market and have found a couple of projects. All, however, appear
dead. If I am wrong, please correct me!

With the help from a Swedish venture capitalist I have contacted, and
CodeFactory, a local software company devoted to open source projects, I
would like to initiate the development of an open LIMS/AIMS.

I'm posting this to inquire about the general interest for such a project.
If you do have any comments or would like to contribute should the project
become alive, don't hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Pär

Par Larsson
parl17 at hotmail.com
(I will reply from my permanent email account)