[BiO BB] Data-mining approaches for 2D Gel based proteomics

John Rowland john.rowland at ncl.ac.uk
Wed Apr 7 09:52:28 EDT 2004

Hi,

Could anyone tell me if there are software packages (windows or java only, I
don't have access to nix boxes!)
available FOR FREE that can mine data from 2D Gel based Proteomics
experiments, and in particular the multiplexed 2D-DIGE proteomics platform.

Specifically what I am looking for (at a minimum) is the ability to perform
various cluster analyses (Heirarchical clustering, Principal Components
Analysis etc) on matched spot data (intensities) and Gene Ontology
classification (in a nice tree-like structured view) where spot identity is
known.

I have Googled for months for this sort of thing and can't find anything
that suits.

I realise that there are packages out there for this type of analysis using
data from microarray experiments but I don't seem to be able to use them for
my needs (the documentation is often rather poor!).

Any help that could be offered would be gratefully received!!

Regards,

John