[BiO BB] protein interaction

Dan Bolser dmb at mrc-dunn.cam.ac.uk
Tue Dec 7 12:57:35 EST 2004

In addition to blasting against databases of experimentally confirmed
interactions you can lookup predicted interactions for your protein based
on a variety of other interaction predictors. See some of the databases at
the following page...

http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/GenomeWeb/prot-interaction.html

For example, predicting domain level interactions from the domain
archetecture of your protein can provide clues that whole sequence blast
will not show up as clearly.

Other useful links can be found here http://mips.gsf.de/genre/proj/mpact/
and here http://mips.gsf.de/proj/ppi/

I am not sure how much of MIPS is contained in BIND, as I can't find that
information from the BIND website (although I did ask ;)

All the best,