[BiO BB] Ph.D. in Belgium or MRes in UK?

Jean-Etienne Poirrier je64p at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 22 09:04:43 EDT 2004

Hello,

I already have a M.D. in biomedical science and I am
actually pursuing a Ph.D. in Belgium (2nd of 4 years
in fundamental neuroscience, with no practical
application). Having an equal interest in computer
programming, I wonder if it wouldn't be better for me
(future job, well-being, ...) to follow a MRes in
bioinformatics during one year, in the UK.

In the first case, I would be a Ph.D. in 2 years but
no industrial/practical abilities. In the second case,
I would be a M.D. in 1 year with (what I think are)
more practical abilities.

What do you think?
I thank you in advance.
Yours sincerely,