[BiO BB] Downloading PDB40D-B?

Theodore H.Smith delete at elfdata.com
Fri Dec 9 14:03:06 EST 2005

Hi people,

I am a researcher testing some new algorithms for protein and DNA
searches for their performance in various areas. (Accuracy, time, RAM
usage).

I'm reading that the protein database, PDB40D-B is useful for testing
BLAST-like algorithms for their accuracy. http://www.pnas.org/cgi/
content/full/95/11/6073

Is PDB40D-B actually a real database or must I construct it myself
using self-made software out of other data?

I'm basically looking for a protein database to download, that I can
test some BLAST-like software on. It doesn't need to be PDB40D-B,
just any database that would allow for meaningful analysis of the
results.

Apparantly, PDB40D-B was "created" from SCOP, meaning that PDB40D-B
isn't actually a downloadable database, it needs to be created
yourself. Now I just need to figure out which files on SCOP's FTP
section ( http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/cgi/ftpd.cgi/ ) I need to download
and then figure out what to do with those files :)

Unless anyone else has a simpler suggestion?