[BiO BB] Java API for BLAST?

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Fri Dec 9 19:02:02 EST 2005

Hi Ahmed:

Ahmed Moustafa wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> I thought of switching my project to Perl because I found BioPerl had
> more functionalities and more "documentation" than BioJava but am trying
> first to stay with Java, otherwise will go to BioPerl.

My apologies about not being clearer.  I am not suggesting a port to
Perl, just hooking in the previously developed modules through some sort
of inter-language call.  In Perl it is fairly easy to do with the
Inline::* modules, and I believe it is fairly easy with Python and Java.
   Thats it... not advocating re-inventing your program in a new
language, just using what might be available in another language that
can help.

Joe