[BiO BB] Need installation of Bio software on Mac

Dr. Christoph Gille christoph.gille at charite.de
Wed Jun 15 04:14:16 EDT 2005

Dear Corentin,

many thanks for taking the time to try this out.
I generally append the suffix  dot exe to binaries because this allows me
to have the same documentation for DOS and UNIX.

A symbolic link (ln -s ...) of the clustalW or dialign-t binarie to the
specified directory is only recognized when it gets the ending dot exe.
Most binaries like clustalW come in an  JAR archive because some require
more than one file. Even though the clustalW version is the ordinary
C-version and not a java-version.

I am a bit disappointed that the installation of dialign-t fails on Mac.

Theroetically, STRAP should go to the directory
$HOME/charite.christo.settings/bin/dialign-t/

Subsequently the command make
should be executed

finally the binary should be renamed
mv dialign-t dialign-t.exe

Do you know which of these steps failed ?

Supposed it would work, how do you like the concept of distributing the
source rather than executables ?

Best regards

Christoph