[BiO BB] Protein expression DB?

Harry Mangalam hjm at tacgi.com
Tue Apr 11 12:31:14 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a small database for examining and correlating gene
expression and protein expression for a small number of species.  Gene
expression data is no problem to find, but protein expression data in a
manageable form is rare.  I'm concentrating on coli, cerevisiae, and mammals
for now.

Besides the Open Proteome Database:
http://apropos.icmb.utexas.edu/OPD/

GEO:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/projects/geo/query/browse.cgi?mode=samples&filteron=8&filtervalue=3

and the Swissprot 2D gel database:
http://www.expasy.org/ch2d/

NCI has some half-finished web pages that claim that data is coming, but it
looks like it has been abandoned.:
http://www3.cancer.gov/intra/lmp/jnw/Prot.htm

are there any other obvious sources of public data available?

Pointers to individual data sets would also be welcome.  MS/SEQUEST summaries
are especially welcome, but other text formats would also be good.

Thanks in advance for your time & pointers.

--
Cheers, Harry
Harry J Mangalam - 949 856 2847(o) 949 285 4487(c) (email for fax)