[BiO BB] bio game / bioinformatics game /fun

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 22 10:56:03 EST 2006

Actually, does someone know of an opensource or free graphics rendering
program
that can be used with scripts for prototyping these kinds of ideas?

I downloaded this thing:
http://www.csim.com/models/vpt/viewer/format2.html
and wrote some perl to take the pdb file for a

COMPND    Ptp1b With The Catalytic Cysteine Oxidized To A
COMPND   2 Sulfenyl-Amide Bond

and display selected atoms using the above viewer. It worked ok- I could
put the viewpoint at the oxidized cysteine and see what other things
could still get to the residue. However, before investing a lot of time
in scripts to support this viewer, I thought someone here may have
some better suggestions. It doesn't have to be fancy but transparency and
shadows would be nice ( being able to move lightsources and view point
interactively with tolerable CPU usage a big plus ).

Thanks.

( note new address as of 10-06)
Mike Marchywka
586 Saint James Walk