[Bioperl-l] [BiO BB] Tool to mutate DNA sequence

khoueiry khoueiry at ibdm.univ-mrs.fr
Mon Feb 20 04:27:07 EST 2006

Hi Maximilian,

    I hope that I understand your question. An easy way to do so is to
put your sequences in a separate arrays, loop overs these arrays while
comparing positions, if the nuc/aa are equal, then push a pipe  ( "|" )
in a third separate array, else push a space ( " " ). Once it's done,
print your arrays by looping over them...

array1 qw (A A G C T)
array2 qw (C A C C G)
array3 qw (  |   |  )

Then, print your arrays and that will give you

A A G C T
  |   |
C A C C G

Surely, you can color whatever you want in that case too (i.e : the aligned nuc).

Hope this was clear

Pierre