[BiO BB] formatdb now requires .formatdbrc?

Pamela Culpepper pculpep at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 27 12:28:35 EST 2006

Amir,

I have used formatdb and have not encountered any problems.  However, I
compiled formatdb from scratch using the NCBI Toolkit.

Go to http://www.lifeformulae.com/local_blast_graphics/index.html

and get the HOW_TO.txt and blastall_diff.txt files.

They will enable you to compile the NCBI toolkit (with blastall, formatdb,
etc.) for the Linux environment.

This is the formatdb I used.  As an aside, blastall will now product a local
BLAST alignment gif for both the old and new BLAST engines.

Pam