[BiO BB] CfP: I Latin-American Congress of Medical Informatics

Erick Antezana erant at psb.ugent.be
Thu Jul 27 11:10:29 EDT 2006

CfP: I Latin-American Congress of Medical Informatics

Authors are invited to submit papers for the I Latin-American Medical
Informatics Congress  (“Medical Informatics Latin America”).  Papers
should describe developments, research, or  applications related to
Medical Informatics and include some or all of the folowing aspects:
analysis, design, implementation, usage, and results.

Areas
=====
Submissions should pertain to one of the following areas:
• Telemedicine
• Bioinformatics
•  Information Technology in Medicine
• E-learning in Medicine
• Applications

Venue
=====
The I Latin-American Congress of Medical Informatics will take place in
the city of Cochabamba,  the so-called “garden-city” of Bolivia.
Cochabamba is located at an altitude of approximately  2500 m (8500
feet) above sea level.  In November, the average daytime temperature is
about  26°C (80°F), with an average minimum temperature of 12°C (55°F).
  The main tourism area of  the Chapare can be reached by car within 4
hours.    Set within a natural environment and preserving the original
vegetation, the USIP campus,  where some events will be held, is
located at the foot of San Pedro Hill, on the main road to  Santa Cruz.
  To reach downtown from the USIP campus, it takes only about 10 minutes
by taxi.

Key dates
========
 August 14, 2006  Deadline for abstract submission
September 5, 2006  Notice of acceptance
October 9, 2006  Deadline for whole paper submittal
October 20, 2006  Deadline for registration with a discount
October 30, 2006  Deadline for final paper submittal (with corrections)

November 6, 2006  Registration and opening ceremony
November 6 -  9, 2006 Congress
November 8  Welcome concert
November 9, 2006  Closing ceremony

More info
=======
Emilio Aliss
Vice Rector of Extension  Simón I. Patiño University
E-mail: e.aliss at usip.edu.bo
http://www.usip.edu.bo