[BiO BB] Trouble installing R in perl

Charles Danko dankoc at gmail.com
Tue May 2 17:15:08 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am trying to install R in perl for SUSE10.

I have downloaded the latest R distribution (2.3.0).
I ran >./configure --enable-R-shlib

It completes without problems.
I ran >make

It completes without problems, but bin/libR is not present (should it be
present at this step?)

After running make install, bin/libR is not present in the main R directory.

R works fine after this step.

Installing the R from perl package using: >R CMD INSTALL -c
--configure-args='--with-in-perl' RSPerl
It installs the package without warning or error messages, but the directory
"blib" is not present anywhere in the main R directory (/usr/local/lib/R).

running >perl test.pl asks for the directory of R.pm and R.so.  providing
these using the -I switch does not return an error, but it does not return
any output either ... the output is blank.

Any ideas on getting RSPerl working within perl?

Thanks very much!