[BiO BB] Re: A tool for gene identification

Daniel Harari hararid at bgu.ac.il
Thu May 4 06:29:02 EDT 2006

Dear Mahmoud,

A BlastN search of your sequence against the NCBI NR database provides rather compelling evidence that the DNA that you have cloned is bacterial in origin and unlikely to be human.  Is it possible that your PCR reaction pulled out bacterial DNA accidentally?  Perhaps you should repeat your PCR experiments using blank controls or using non human tissues / cell lines (e.g. mouse) and using the same solutions as you have to perform your earlier experiments.  If you get the same sequence using your negative controls as in your human tissue samples, then this will verify that you have an artifact here.  (I hope for you that I am wrong).

Regards,

Daniel