[BiO BB] Phylogenetic Distance calculation

soorya kiran kiran.soorya at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 23:46:17 EST 2007

*Hai Shameer,*
**
*Thank you for the interest you have shown.*
*We took the same path quoted by you with  slight changes. As the sequence
was DNA we used DnaDist. We used Phylodraw for tree construction. *
**
*I am curious on whether we can get any clue about the year from the branch
length of the tree. *
*Please comment.*
**
*Thanks for the article. Its really nice.*
**
*cheers*
**
*Srijith
*
On 2/15/07, Shameer Khadar <skhadar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have a look at this article :
> Baldauf SL: *Phylogeny for the faint of heart: a tutorial.*
> *Trends Genet* 2003, *19**:*345-351.
> Cheers,
> --
> Shameer
> On 2/15/07, Shameer Khadar <skhadar at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Srijith,
> > Can you tell me how you created your Phylogram ?
> > Is it using the standard Phylogeny protocol MSA -> SEQBOOT (Value) ->
> > ProtDist -> Neighbor - Consensus -> Phylogram / Dendrogram ? If that was
> the
> > case, you will get a picture of evolution based on bootstrap support ,
> but
> > not in terms of year.
> >
> > PS: I am sorry that your question is not clear to me (may be I didnt get
> > what you are looking for :| ).
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Shameer
> > NCBS - TIFR
> >

> > On 2/14/07, soorya kiran <kiran.soorya at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Good day all,
> > >
> > > Can anyone tell how can I find evolutionary distance (Year) from a
> given
> > > set
> > > of amino acid sequences, provided we have constructed the phylogram ?
> > >

> > > Thanks in advance.
> > >
> > > Srijith

P. R. O
SooryaKiran Bioinformatics (P) LTD,
Industry Incubation Centre,
University of Kerala,
Karyavattom Campus,
Thiruvananthapuram,
Keralam,
India. 695 581
Ph : +91 (471) 2414593
www.sooryakiran.com
Email : kiran.soorya at gmail.com

Confidentiality Statement :- The contents of this e-mail, including its
attachment, are intended for the exclusive use of the recipient and may
contain confidential or privileged information.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you are strictly prohibited from reading, using, disclosing,
copying, or distributing this e-mail or any of its contents.  If you
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail
immediately and permanently delete this e-mail and its attachments, along
with any copies thereof.  Thank you.