[BiO BB] Consensus Sequence Plots

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 7 11:54:52 EDT 2007

I've written some scripts to parse and format clustalw output. For something
that large you may want native code but, alternatively, if these really
come from clustalw the source code is available so you
can do whatever you want. I would point out, however, that
you may need to be careful with specifics. I've tried getting clustal
to align individual probes to a gene and had better luck, for my
purposes, with simplistic no-gap code. Anytime you start using
tools in different regions of parameter space it may be important
to have ways to validate them. Scripts often work here as they
can be quick to write but slow to execute- just what you want
for validation but not production.

In short- try cygwin or even debian.