[BiO BB] how to build a prediction website

Kalidas Yeturu ykalidas at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 15:21:54 EDT 2007

Hi Li
 You may find the following files useful

apache httpd-2.2.3 is easy to use.
Download <http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi>
untar the file and carry out steps similar to the ones below.

Now run the following
1.
./configure --prefix=~/test_web_service
make
make install

2.
cd ~/test_web_service/

3.
1. cd conf
2. Edit httpd.conf
Change "User daemon" to "User <your-login>"
so that you can start the program conveniently in your login without
becoming root.
and similarly for "Group daemon" to "Group <your-login>"
Set "Listen <some number, eg.,2007>"
4. cd ../bin
apachectl -k start

Now you can keep many html-forms in the "htdocs" directory.

Once you are done with hello world setup, additional things can be added
on..

On 3/16/07, Li Xue <lixue at iastate.edu > wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I want to write my interface prediction algorithm into a website so
> that the user can submit a protein sequence and get the prediction
> results online.
>
> I have never build a website before.
>
> Would you please recommend what language should I use and what
> procedure should I follow? Thank you.
>

> Li

Kalidas Y
http://ssl.serc.iisc.ernet.in/~kalidas<http://ssl.serc.iisc.ernet.in/%7Ekalidas>