[BiO BB] php and seqret

Kim Clarke fireinthewind at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 10:09:57 EDT 2007

Hi folks,
I'm a first year bioinformatics undergraduate nearing completion of my first
year project. A quick question...I am writing a very simple web server using
basic html and php. One section of the php deals with calling Seqret
(EMBOSS) using exec(). Seqret is stored on the same file server and the
command line instruction when ran in a terminal works fine. here is the
snippet of code:

   //exec("touch $pass_c");
   exec("seqret embl:$accession $pass_c");

both $accession and $pass_c work fine. Can anyone with experience of PHP and
EMBOSS help me? is it a problem with file permissions?

Kim