[BiO BB] need suggestions on how to start on Bioinformatics with data mining background

Li Xue lixue at iastate.edu
Tue May 22 08:54:39 EDT 2007

Hello all,

I am a graduate student with data mining background. My supervisor
and I want to do some research on drug discovery.

Recently, I have been reading nature and nature review. However I
find out it is hard to find data mining topic in this journal.

How should I start Bioinformatics? Should I begin with reading
popular journals? Would you please recommend some journals to me? Thanks.

Xue, Li
Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Program
Iowa State University