[BiO BB] tissue specificity

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 25 15:39:12 EST 2008

Normally when I post to this list I try to provide some background as I have no idea where
everyone else is interest-wise. I vaguely remember running into something related while
researching some other topic and went back to do a quick literature search. I'm not sure
of your immediate problem or state of knowledge but, from what I can find, this is generally an open
area. For example, you could try reading stuff like this,

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18194723?ordinalpos=9&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

Clin Lab Med. 2008 Mar;28(1):127-43. Links
Data mining for biomarker development: a review of tissue specificity analysis.Klee EW.
Division of Experimental Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, 200 1st Street SW, Stabile 2-50, Rochester, MN 55905, USA

I was surprised to find many genes labelled, "tissue specific"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?db=gene&term="tissue%20specific"

and maybe you could look into some of the related publications.

Do you have a specific thesis, problem, or objective?

Mike Marchywka
586 Saint James Walk
Marietta GA 30067-7165
404-788-1216 (C)<- leave message
989-348-4796 (P)<- emergency only
marchywka at hotmail.com
Note: Hotmail is blocking my mom's entire
ISP claiming it is to reduce spam but probably
to force users to use hotmail. Please DON'T
assume I am ignoring you and try
me on marchywka at yahoo.com if no reply
here. Thanks.