[BiO BB] Antwort: Perl & R courses for the first quarter of 2008

a.menze at kws.com a.menze at kws.com
Wed Jan 16 04:29:13 EST 2008

Dear Jeff,

I am very interested in the course 'Perl for Biologists Lev. 1".
Unfortunately I have not time for the whole next week. Would you recommend
to do the course anyhow, because I can follow it a bit later? Or would you
recommend to do the course later (if there will be one this year?)?

I'm working for KWS SAAT AG, a breeding and biotechnology company in
germany.

best regards so far.

Andreas

- Dr. Andreas Menze -
- - - - - -
F&E Informationsmanagement
KWS SAAT AG, Grimsehlstraße 31, 37555 Einbeck
Tel. +49 (0) 5561/311-564   Fax +49 (0) 5561/311-744
E-Mail: a.menze at kws.com   http://www.kws.com
- - - - - -

             "J.W. Bizzaro"
             <jeff at bioinformat
             ics.org>                                                   An
             Gesendet von:               BBB <bbb at bioinformatics.org>
             bbb-bounces at bioin                                       Kopie
             formatics.org
                                                                     Thema
                                         [BiO BB] Perl & R courses for the
             15.01.2008 22:59            first quarter of 2008

              Bitte antworten
                    an
             "General Forum at
             Bioinformatics.Or
                    g"
             <bbb at bioinformati
                  cs.org>

Greetings,

Our latest course offerings are outlined below.  They are being offered
from January 21 through February 15.

Perl for Biologists, Level 1; Jan 21-25 (
http://wiki.bioinformatics.org/CS101A_Perl_for_Biologists,_Level_1)

R for Biologists, Level 1; Jan 28-Feb 1 (
http://wiki.bioinformatics.org/CS101B_R_for_Biologists,_Level_1)

Perl for Biologists, Level 2; Feb 4-8 (
http://wiki.bioinformatics.org/CS102A_Perl_for_Biologists,_Level_2)

R for Biologists, Level 2; Feb 11-15 (
http://wiki.bioinformatics.org/CS102B_R_for_Biologists,_Level_2)

These online courses offer several advantages to scientists over books and
self-paced learning:

- In-depth courses with innovative, easy-to-understand materials (slides,
scripts and datasets)

- Live instruction is done online via streaming multimedia with shorter,
distributed sessions and plenty of time for assignments.

- Opportunities to ask questions and seek clarification

- Recorded videos of lectures and materials, which are available
indefinitely for attendees

- Discussion forums for students and instructors to share expertise and
information

Discounts are available for those in non-profit organizations and those who
are unemployed.  Please check the description pages for details.

Thank you, and please forward this information to others who may find this
useful.
Jeff
--
J.W. Bizzaro
Bioinformatics Organization, Inc. (Bioinformatics.Org)
E-mail: jeff at bioinformatics.org
Phone:  +1 508 890 8600