[BiO BB] Student application deadline approaching for Google Summer of Code

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Mon Apr 5 18:47:29 EDT 2010

Reminder: Student applications are due by April 9, 19:00 UTC (3pm EDT,
12pm PDT, 21:00 CEST), which is only a few days away.

PHYLOINFORMATICS SUMMER OF CODE 2010

The Phyloinformatics Summer of Code program provides a unique
opportunity for undergraduate, masters, and PhD students to obtain
hands-on experience writing and extending open-source software for
evolutionary informatics under the mentorship of experienced
developers from around the world. The program is the participation of
the US National Evolutionary Synthesis Center (NESCent) as a mentoring
organization in the Google Summer of Code(tm) (http://code.google.com/soc/
).

NESCent is particularly targeting students interested in both
evolutionary biology and software development. All project ideas are
flexible and many can be adjusted in scope to match the skills of the
student.  We also welcome novel project ideas that dovetail with
student interests.

INQUIRIES: phylosoc {at} nescent {dot} org. We strongly encourage all
interested students to get in touch with us with their ideas as early
on as possible.

Full details about the 2010 NESCent Phyloinformatics Summer of Code:
http://hackathon.nescent.org/Phyloinformatics_Summer_of_Code_2010

Google Summer of Code FAQ:
http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/program/google/gsoc2010/faqs

---------