[BiO BB] Google Summer of Code - Genome Informatics

Robin Haw Robin.Haw at oicr.on.ca
Tue Apr 3 10:22:19 EDT 2012

The Genome Informatics group<http://gmod.org/wiki/GSoC>, is taking part in the Google Summer of Code (GSoC)<http://code.google.com/soc/> program. This year, the Genome Informatics group, will be organizing the joint efforts of Galaxy<http://galaxy.psu.edu/>, GBrowse<http://gbrowse.org/index.html>, Generic Model Organism Database (GMOD)<http://gmod.org/>, JBrowse<http://jbrowse.org/>, Reactome<http://www.reactome.org/>, Wormbase<http://www.wormbase.org/>, and PortEco<http://porteco.org/>. GSoC is a global program that funds student programmers around the world to write code for open source projects. More information about our project ideas and the GSoC program is available on the GMOD website<http://gmod.org/wiki/GSoC>. If you are a student interested in coding for our open source projects, then check out the links above and submit your project proposal as soon as possible. The application deadline is 6th April 2012.

Robin Haw

Genome Informatics Group Admin

http://gmod.org/wiki/GSoC