[BioBrew Users] re:EMBOSS

kenix y justbeforeme at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 22 22:04:14 EDT 2004

Hi,

I came across this same error as Khalil, while trying to run any emboss
application I get this:
error while loading shared libraries: libnucleus.so.0: cannot open
shared object file: no such file or directory.

The file is located at /opt/BioBrew/EMBOSS/2.6.0/lib/

I followed the instructions:

In your
~/.bashrc, write:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/BioBrew/EMBOSS/2.6.0/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

then either log out and log back in, or source your ~/.bashrc to export
the variable in your shell

and the error changed to:

EMOSS An error in ajacd.c at line 1534:
acdfile
'/home/build/BuildRoot-ia32/BUILD/EMBOSS-2.6.0/emboss/acd/pepnet.acd' not
opened

Is there something else I can do or should I download the other rpm at
http://bioinformatics.org/ftp/biobrew/rpms/

Thank you.