[Bioclusters] SuSE Linux 8.0 includes batch clustering software, and training course

Ron Chen bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 23:20:24 -0700 (PDT)

SuSE Linux will provide SGE 5.3 (in RPMs)

FYI, Sun provides a Free on-line training course --
Administering and Supporting SGE --

SGE is similar to PBS or LSF, but
- it has much more features than PBS
- it is free, and opensource, and supports many OSes.

I first used PBS but found it hard to install, and I
found for the price of 1 LSF license (they charge one
license per CPU, and they charge for support), I can
buy another 2 boxes!!

**But one thing I don't like in SGE is the fault
tolerance model -- so I proposed a new one --

Lastly, I am new to bio clusters. I am now an SGE
admin (contract based) in East Asia. I am starting to
study the issues in bio clusters -- forget me if I
made too much mistakes in this email!

Do You Yahoo!?