[Bioclusters] Sun Grid Engine install on Linux

JP Glutting bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:35:03 -0500

I am having some problems getting SGE working on a small linux cluster.
I get the following error:

   unable to contact qmaster via "master" commd - commlib error: "READ
ERROR"

when trying to add an admin host, using the "install_qmaster" script
(the master node, named "master" internally, but "rioja" externally). I
am not sure if this is a naming problem, or somethign to do with the way
the ports are configured. I have all the nodes with an /etc/services
file that reserves port 555 for the sge_commd service.

Any ideas about what could be responsible for this, or what files I
could edit to get this working? I am already editing the
default/common/act_qmaster file to get the qmaster and scheduler daemons
to start.

Any help appreciated...

Cheers,

JP