[Bioclusters] cluster computing options

Amit Murthy bioclusters@bioinformatics.org
17 Jan 2002 14:00:33 +0530

Hi,

I am approaching biocomputing with only a computer engineering
background. I intend to set up a Globus grid locally in order to learn
more about grid computing. In this context I would like to run a sample
bio computing related problem and benchmark the grid with different
numbers of nodes. The focus will be more on learning about grid
computing. I need to identify a biocomputing problem to act as an
application on top of the cluster.

I am looking for suggestions from people as to what problems I should
select  for the benchmarking. It will be helpful if the code for the bio
computing part is available open source and has already been
parallelized.

Any suggestions/pointers will be helpful.

Thanks and regards,

Amit